CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Estes, Caleb #44

Tonight was Caleb's first football game. Everyone was SO EXCITED!!!! We could hardly stand the wait. We tried to make the afternoon calm & normal. We went to a tennis match, got Cade ready for soccer practice & then got a little reading done.
Thank goodness for our Uncle B. God gave Rob the best friend & brother ever. Rob had to take Cade to practice, so Caleb REALLY wanted B to help him get dressed. There are some things a mother just can't do on her own. Like for instance picking up an 85lb. + boy and pulling up his football pants. I needed the help from our B.










After B & Amanda came to the rescue to help get dressed. We headed to the field. Just watching him warm-up was crazy!!!! He looked SO BIG.



Then the family started filing in. Group by group. In the end there were 22 of us. Thank goodness Aunt Yay-Yay had the best idea ever, to get us matching shirts. She took so many orders for more shirts for everyone else.


Caleb played quarterback & linebacker the entire game. He handed the ball off to his good friend Kameron for 2 TD's & ran 2 in himself. It was the most amazing thing ever. They looked like they had played together forever. I did shed a few tears of happiness, to see your little boy out there being a great athlete & leader is amazing. Rob & I are so lucky to have been given Caleb. He showed on the field tonight great leadership & sportsmanship.


Caleb decided before the game to make a list of goals. here they are in his words:
* make 5 good tackles
* make good passes & handoffs
* try not to be airagent



Thank you to everyone friend & family for coming out tonight. We were given great football weather & Caleb LOVED having you all in the stands!!!




4 comments:

Josh and Shan said...

In the picture of you and Amanda, it looks like Hershey is watching you through his binoculars! =)

Amanda said...

I had a great time and Caleb did so well! I will bring my megaphone on Saturday!

The Killough's said...

I am so proud of Caleb! When did he grow up so much??

The McIntires said...

The pictures look good. I can't believe ya'll are are in pants! Perfect football weather!