Last weekend was the actual day of our anniversary. September 14,1996, I became Mrs. James R. Estes. Now it's already 12 years later & I am known as Caleb & Cade's mom. Where does the time go? Pop & Mimi were sweet enough to reserve us a cabin for exactly 24 hrs. this weekend. Just long enough to settle in & wish for just a few hours more. We had the best time.

After Tuesday nights game with long sleeves we were all in for a rude awakening at both Saturday morning/afternoon games. We sweated out guts out!!!! It was SOOOOOOO HOT!!!!

On our way into Mineola we saw a Cade's hardware store. How funny is that.....he does LOVE to build & paint things.

After our quick stop in Wal*Mart we arrived at Holly Lake.

We checked in & ran to get dinner at this little whole in the wall restaurant..Ed's Place. Then we drove through the Ozarka plant. It is a HUGE facility!!!!

Then we took a little drive around the lake. It was so peaceful & calm. It was also cool enough to drive with the windows open.


When we stopped at Wal*Mart we got a few things for breakfast:biscuits, butter & bacon (it's vacation RIGHT!!!) I brought my own coffee, but the coffee pot didn't work so sweet Rob went to get me a huge cup from the gas station. Rob cooked it all. That was the best gift EVER!!!!

After breakfast & a movie we went for a stroll. (I had to call it a stroll because if I said walk Rob wouldn't want to go.) Our stroll lasted almost an hour. We fed the geese & found deer.

Our favorite part of the trip....the DQ. We saved it for the end & it was so worth the wait. We shared a blizzard...YUM!!!!
Thanks Yay & Josh for watching the kids. We appreciate it so very much!!!
(I hope my printer is fixed soon so I can scan & post pics from our wedding.)







6 comments:
I still remember the day 12 years ago! I can't believe it's been that long. Remember when you and Rob stayed at my apartment and went to the Baylor football game? Congrats on so many years together!
Happy Anniversary!! The time really has flown by...I was only 10 :) Wow! I am glad you enjoyed yourselves!!!
Looks like a nice, relaxing trip! That is funny you saw a Cade's Hardware!
congrats!! we are soo happy that Rob was blessed with such a precious wife! we love you both very much!
thanks for those two sweet widdle boys too!!!
Yea for 12 years! I'm so glad you found the Wal Mart and I'm so excited you got to stop at the DQ! Good Times!
WOW!!! It was 12 years ago I got the best sister-in-law in the world. Here's to many more years of martial bliss.
Post a Comment