CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Are You Ready For Some FOOTBALL?

Caleb has been signed up & evaluated for Fall TACKLE football at the YMCA. Can you believe he is old enough & BIG enough to play? We can't. I never thought I would be ready for my boy to actually play tackle football. I actually always thought I would say NO to it, but when he's ready, he's ready. He is sooooo excited! How do you say "no" when his Daddy & LOTS of uncles & grandparents played the game? We can't wait to see what's in store this fall. Soon we will find out his team name & coach.






"Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever." I Corinthians 9:25

10 comments:

The McIntires said...

What a big boy! I might be too nervous to watch his games!

Josh and Shan said...

I'm not real sure how I feel about this! i think maybe I should have been consulted before he was signed up.

stephanie said...

I told you he was playing. We will all just sit in the stands with blindfolds on.

Amanda said...

I can't wait to watch him play!

The Killough's said...

I am a little nervous about this...

Leah said...

Tim wanted to start Trey in football THIS YEAR! Yikes! Caleb will be fine.
Sure! Add me to your list, but I do say the "s-word" occasionally. Only when I'm quoting someone directly though. :)

Angie said...

I can't believe it either. Yes, I think I do recall when he was about 2 years old you saying that he was NOT going to play football.

BigHead said...

I think he's a big boy and he can handle it pretty good. He does have his little brother that can hit harder than those kids out there last week. I think those outher kids better watch out for him.

Goob said...

I think I remember feeling the same way when his daddy and uncle played sports!!! He will be fine I am sure we will just all sit together and pray!!!!!!! ha!!

Amy said...

I know we are going to face choices like this in years to come. And then I will just call you so that you can calm me down! Of course, Caleb will be fine and have a blast. (Not that I would be able to watch it....) In the meantime, thanks for the encouragement about the CD. I appreciate it!