The plan we decided on last night at 1:30 AM was to get up & running today. Well, we are tired. Our bodies hurt & exhaustion has set in. We wanted to park hop all day and meet up at The Magic Kingdom tonight for the parade. We thought we would all come up with our favorite top 10 rides, but when we all finally got up we decided to just hang out & rest so we could enjoy tonight. After the boys nap (Caleb hates naps, but has napped several times this trip) Mom & Dad came to our hotel so we could ride the bus together one last time. We went straight to ride several rides, eat dinner & then around 7 PM went to start saving our spot for the 9 o'clock parade. It sounds silly I know, but people were already on the street corners when Mom got to our favorite spot.

I just had to take another napping picture, they are so tired!!!!

Our last bus ride.

Our favorite spot we have been sitting in for the past 25 years. It sounds crazy when we say it out loud, but its true. I was 7 and Susan was 4 the first time we hit the rode in a single cab pick-up truck & headed for Florida (back then there were no child safety laws in a motorized vehicle).

Caleb & cade have wanted a smoothie for several nights so I saved it for the last night.





I just had to take another napping picture, they are so tired!!!!

Our last bus ride.

Our favorite spot we have been sitting in for the past 25 years. It sounds crazy when we say it out loud, but its true. I was 7 and Susan was 4 the first time we hit the rode in a single cab pick-up truck & headed for Florida (back then there were no child safety laws in a motorized vehicle).

Caleb & cade have wanted a smoothie for several nights so I saved it for the last night.







The best part of waiting 2 hours for the parade to start. I love the electrical light parade. It is so magical & fun to watch. I have to add here that Caleb helped take some of the pictures during the parade (I think he did a great job). No expense is spared for the floats & costumes.
The boys and I leaving The Magic Kingdom for the last time. I have to admit we were ALL tearing up. I truly had the best vacation with my boys & the entire family. (My body does ache from wearing the backpack and pushing "the little guy" everyday in the buggy.)

Our last ride for the evening, the monorail. We decided we weren't yet ready to really leave so we rode the monorail. It was so nice to sit back & enjoy the sights at night all lit up.
Saying good-bye tonight was much harder than any of us thought it would be. We haven't all been together for this long since I moved out of the house almost 12 years ago. I can honestly say this trip was all I ever hoped it would be. I was able to have two sisters and their husbands room connect to mine and the boys and the other sister and her family on the other side of me. I wish I could put in to words how we all felt. We really did have the best time. Dad & Mom worked so hard & sacrificed for so many years just for this trip. We will never be able to repay them, but I think what Dad said tonight made us feel like we made this trip all he ever wanted it to be. He said "if anyone ask me what my favorite thing about the trip was I will tell them, seeing ALL my kids smile."
As we left The Magic Kingdom everyone was teary, but then we all said we will be back in 2011!!!
Thank you Mom & Dad for being the best parents and grandparents we could ever ask for. You truly made our dreams come true!







0 comments:
Post a Comment